Winery: Compañía de vinos Telmo Rodríguez.
Tasting note: On the nose, good intensity, powerful, defined and with some complexity. Initial floral notes that are turning into a deep red fruit, strawberries, touches of licorice, graphite minerals, light balsamic and some memories of scrub, rockrose and thyme. In the mouth, powerful and mature wine, with a correct acidity with body. Long and broad finish that leaves fruit and balsamic memories.
Optimum service temperature: 16°-18° C.
A pairing: Faisán con salsa de uvas.
Ingredients: 2 pheasants, 1/4 kilo of grapes, 2 large onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 leek white part, black peppercorns, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, 1/4 white wine, 200 gr. of cream for cooking, a little butter, extra virgin olive oil, salt and water.
- First of all, we clean the pheasants and cut them into quarters and salted them.
- In a pan, put the oil and when it is hot, brown the meat, then put it in a pan where we will cook.
- In that same oil brown the pheasants, put the onion cut into pieces, the leeks, the cloves of garlic (whole and without skin) we fry it well until it is taking color and the tender vegetables remain, at which time they put the unpeeled grapes and also fry them.
- Put all the fried vegetables in the casserole we have pheasants and add the wine, thyme, bay leaf and parsley and peppercorns. We let it skip a little and we cover them with water. We put it to cook until the meat is tender.
- At the moment when the meat is at its point, the pheasants are removed and put in a separate casserole. We filter all the sauce (except the garlic that we remove) until it is very fine and put it in the casserole that we have the meat with the liquid cream and let the sauce reduce until it has the desired consistency.
- Sauté 20 grams of grapes without skin or seeds with a little butter so that when it comes to serving, we serve them together with the pheasant.
- These pheasants with grape sauce are a real marvel. Delight of palates.