Winery: Compañía de vinos Telmo Rodríguez
Tasting note for Red Wine Pegaso Barrancos de Pizarra 2011:
Intense cherry color.
On the nose, spirituous aroma, berries and fruit liquor, spicy, with minerals, herbal notes.
In the mouth, fruity, spicy, bitter with good acidity. Tasty, aromatic and balanced finish.
Optimum service temperature: 16°-18° C.
A pairing: Estofado de carne con patatas y guisantes al chocolate.
Ingredients: 800 gr. of veal in pieces, 250 gr. of tomato, 250 gr. of onion, 150 gr. of carrot, 150 gr. of peas, 900 gr. of potatoes, 25 ml. of anise, 25 ml. of black rum, oregano, laurel and thyme, 30 gr. of dark chocolate, extra virgin olive oil, salt, ground black pepper and water.
- Cut the onion and tomato into pieces. The carrot cut it in the form of discs and reserve.
- Put olive oil in a casserole and when it is ready, add the meat. Salt and pepper we will put later.
- Cooking the meat until it is a golden color, add the vegetables that you had reserved and let sauté all together.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the anise and rum and cook over medium heat until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the dark chocolate, oregano, bay leaf and thyme (to taste) and put hot water in the casserole until the meat is covered.
- Let cook everything over low heat until the meat is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the meat is cooking, peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces and add to the casserole together with the peas and let everything cook. Check that the water is sufficient and if necessary add a little more.
- Once the potatoes are tender, let the stew rest for a few minutes to obtain consistency.
Serves the hot stew with a glass of Pegaso Barrancos de Pizarra 2011.
A delicious dish!