Winery: Bodegas Bilbaínas
Tasting note for Red Wine Viña Pomal Centenario Reserva 2015:
Intense cherry color and ruby edge.
On the nose, red fruits predominate that are tinged with sweet spices (vanilla), tobacco leaves and licorice.
In the mouth, it is persistent, with body and good acidity.
Optimum service temperature: 16°-18° C.
A pairing: Pinchos de lomito y panceta.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of beef ves clean, 1 tablespoon of ground chili, 4 medium potatoes, half onion, 200 gr. of smoked bacon in thin slices, 1 clove of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, fresh thyme, salt, coarse salt and ground black pepper.
- First, chop the garlic and onion and mix in a bowl with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Cut the loin into strips. Add salt and pepper and wrap each piece with a strip of smoked bacon.
- Cook the beef over high heat on all sides and add the mixture of onion and garlic that we had reserved. Once it is golden and well done cut into pieces to be punctured in wooden sticks.
- On the other hand, wash the potatoes and cook with your skin in hot water until they are tender. Cut into 1 cm slices. approximately and cook in the pan on both sides.
- Serve the skewer on a slice of potato and sprinkle with ground chili, coarse salt, ground pepper and a few drops of our dressing.