Winery: Bodegas Bilbaínas
Tasting note for Viña Pomal Rosado 2017:
Pale pink color and bright.
On the nose, memories of strawberry, raspberries, violet flowers and spicy touches of anise and chamomile.
In the mouth fresh and sweet, with good structure and balanced.
Optimum service temperature: 8°-10° C.
A pairing: Pizzetas de salmón y rúcula.
Ingredients: 8 empanadilla wafers, half a mozzarella cheese ball, 8 teaspoons of fried tomato, 4 slices of smoked salmon, rocket leaves, 4 pickled gherkins, chives and extra virgin olive oil.
- Put the oven to preheat above and below. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and distribute the wafers.
- Put on each wafer a teaspoon of fried tomato and spread it well throughout the dough.
- Put pieces of mozzarella cheese on the fried tomato, without covering the whole wafer. Bake at 220° C. for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, turn off the oven and remove the pizzetas, allowing them to cool slightly. Put in each a few pieces of smoked salmon (half slice approximately done strips), 3 leaves of rocket leaves and 4 slices of gherkin.
- Add a little ground black pepper, to taste, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a little chopped chives.
- Serve immediately so they do not get cold.