Winery: Bodegas Avelino Vegas.
Type of wood and time of passage: 7 months in new American oak barrels.
Tasting notes: Ruby red color with violet rims, high layer. A very expressive wine on the nose, with aromas of red and black fruits (raspberry, blackberry) are wrapped in notes of vanilla, very subtle coconut, light dairy and elegant roasted. The palate is powerful, enveloping, with a very fresh acidity and a long and persistent end.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A pairing: Setas salteadas con gambas.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of assorted mushrooms, 400 gr. peeled prawns, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/4 glass of white wine, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms to remove all the earth with a damp cloth: the mushrooms are not washed, as they would absorb a lot of water.
- Cut into pieces to taste.
- With the same knife chop the garlic and chop it.
- Put in a pan a stream of oil and add the garlic, add the peeled prawns and salt and pepper.
- Finally, the mushrooms are put. Allow to cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes, add the white wine and leave until it reduces by half over low heat, about five minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.