Developer: Destilerías MG
Alcoholic degree: 37,5°.
Peculiarities of the elaboration of Ginebra Master's Pink: Although it is a distillate whose paternity is attributed to the Dutch and British, few people know more about gin than Manuel Giró Ribot (1947), who was born almost among the stills of the family distilleries located in Vilanova i la Geltrú (Barcelona). Reasons of a family nature forced him to take charge of the business at age 30, created at the end of the 19th century to make sodas, siphons and fruit syrups, the business was expanded at the beginning of the 20th century by incorporating brandies into its production, anises, rums and muscats that sold in bulk.
It was not until 1940, after the Civil War, when they began the development of MG (the initials of Manuel Giró), which would become the second best-selling gin in Spain. Master's is its high-end London Dry Gin, obtained by triple distillation of grain alcohols.
Gin Master's Pink has a quite impressive production process behind Master's. A very Spanish gin. The grain is again distilled with juniper, cardamom and coriander, then combined with macerations of lemon and bitter orange Seville and sweet Valencian orange, all rest for a year before being combined, distilled and mixed in the first distillate. After the strawberries and raspberries are macerated in gin, imparting fruitiness and delicious pink color.
Main botanicals: Lemon and bitter orange of Seville and sweet Valencian oranges (previous maceration for 12 months), juniper berries, coriander and cardamom.
Tasting notes for Ginebra Master's Pink:
A gin with a delicate pink tone.
On the nose, mix of sweet fruits, white pepper, spicy juniper and some notes of ginger.
In the mouth, notes of red fruits, strawberries, raspberries, fresh in the step and easy to drink.
Uses in cocktails:
- Gintonic: Being a fruity gin we recommend taking it with a white tonic or if instead we want to intensify its flavor the Pink Schweppes Tonic, for a sweet Gintonic.
- Other cocktails: Cóctel Lady Rosé. A cosmopolitan cocktail, perfect to enjoy at any time of day. Where the sweetness of the blueberry is mixed with the bitter orange of this Gin Master's Pink.
Ingredients: 5 cl. of Gin Master's Pink, 2 cl. dry tripe, 5 cl. of cranberry juice, half lime juice, 1 cl of rose syrup, lemon lime soda.
- Prepare a ball glass with lots of ice.
- Add the rose syrup, Master's Pink gin and the rest of the ingredients. Mix.
- Decorate with rose petals and a lime twist.