Winery: Bodegas Finca La Capilla
Type of wood and time of passage: 30 months in new French oak barrels. Bottling and subsequent aging of 24 months in the bottle.
Tasting notes for Red Wine La Capilla Vendimia Selección 2014:
Garnet red with burgundy and bright edges.
On the nose, you can appreciate the toasted tones of the wood and aromas of candied fruit.
The entry into the mouth is pleasant with a long finish.
Optimum service temperature: 15-17° C.
A pairing: Round of roast veal.
Ingredients: 1.5 kg. of round of beef, 1 large onion, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves, dry thyme, white wine, water, salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- First, we prepare the meat by removing the fat, add salt and pepper and also dry thyme on both sides of the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. above and below.
- Peel the onion in large pieces and place it on a tray suitable for the oven. Place the meat on the onion and put a good squirt of olive oil and a glass of white wine on top.
- Split the garlic and add them to the tray and also the two bay leaves.
- Put a little water to make a sauce during the cooking of the meat. Put in the oven and cook on both sides for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour we remove the meat from the oven and let it rest so that the content is reduced. The meat will be well made and juicy.
- Serve cut into thick slices and with sauce on top.