Winery: Bodega Txomin Etxaniz
Tasting notes for Rosé Wine Txomin Etxaniz 2020: Pale pink color, bright, fine bubble. On the nose, we find fruityand mineral notes. On the palate, it is fresh and fruity, medium acidity and light natural carbon.
Optimum service temperature: 5-8 C.
A pairing: Biryani of vegetables.
Ingredients: The biryani is a dish of fried rice cooked with different elements, in this case vegetables. The typical flavor of biryani is given by the spices it usually carries, such as saffron, cumin, clove, cardamom, chilli and cilantro. It can be served as a unique dish because it contains many ingredients, but can also be used as a side dish of a curry.
285 g. of vegetables from cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, asparagus, broccoli cut into small pieces, washed and drained, 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil, 1 onion peeled and thinly sliced, 1 clove of garlic minced, 1 / 2 teaspoon chopped ginger, 1 little chopped green pepper, 2 teaspoons saffron, 250 g. rice- biryani, salt, 1 / 2 cup creamy yogurt, 1 chopped tomato, a little chopped cilantro and 1 / 2 lemon juice.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion. Now add the ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute or two. Add the vegetables, spices, salt, green pepper.
- Fry until the vegetables are very well wrapped in spices. Add yogurt, tomatoes, cilantro, lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and only a little salsa remains.
- While the vegetables are cooked, wash the rice. Add it to the vegetables and 2 cups of 1/4 of water and bring to boil.
- Then lower the heat to half-low and cover the pot with an airtight lid. Cook for 10 minutes and extinguish the heat. Do not lift the lid, so the steam finishes cooking the rice in its own heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt sauce.