Winery: Pago de Carraovejas
Type of wood and time of passage: 12 months in selected extra-fine French and American barrels and then continues to rest until 24 months in the bottle, before going on sale.
Tasting notes for Vino Tinto Pago de Carraovejas 2018:
Purple red color. Bright and fine tear. Intense nose.
Roasted aromas of the aging leaving little by little step to the ripe red fruit.
The palate has a delicate and elegant entry, silky and marked by ripe red fruit. Good acidity. Pleasant bitter for a long and persistent finish.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Ensalada de caballa marinada.
Ingredients: 600 gr. of mackerel, a few leaves of lettuce, 2 carrots, 2 green half-cooked asparagus, 1/4 half-cooked beans, 8 cherry tomatoes, a piece of ginger, 10 gr. of sugar, 2 limes, 1 orange, olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the loins of the mackerel and remove the spines.
- Put in a freezer bag the sugar, the orange zest and its juice, the lime juice and a little grated ginger.
- Season the fish and add it to the bag. We close it well (trying to keep as little air as possible inside it) and let it be marine in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- We put in a plate, to our taste, the leaves of lettuce, carrot sticks, asparagus, green beans and cherry tomatoes. We place the chopped mackerel on top.
- Put the marinated juice in a bowl and add olive oil and salt. We remove to bind and incorporate chopped parsley and season.