Winery: Pago de los Capellanes
Type of wood and time of passage: For 12 months the wine rests in French oak barrels of 300 litres of selected grain. The malolactic fermentation is carried out without addiction of bacteria and the winery is tempered to 20ºC for 24 days, controlling the levels of malic acid and lactic acid.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Pago de los Capellanes Crianza 2019:
At sight it offers a very intense cherry color.
On the nose it is very frank, with aromas of ripe red fruit.
Its passage through the mouth is soft, filling the palate with exquisite flavors of plum and blueberry, with a long and elegant finish. It highlights its balance and lively acidity.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Setas salteadas con gambas.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of assorted mushrooms, 400 gr. peeled prawns, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/4 glass of white wine, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms to remove all the earth with a damp cloth: the mushrooms are not washed, as they would absorb a lot of water.
- Cut into pieces to taste.
- With the same knife chop the garlic and chop it.
- Put in a pan a stream of oil and add the garlic, add the peeled prawns and salt and pepper.
- Finally, the mushrooms are put. Allow to cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes, add the white wine and leave until it reduces by half over low heat, about five minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.