Winery: Luis Cañas.
Type of wood and time of passage: 12 months in French and American oak barrels.
Tasting notes: Cherry red. On the nose we can notice its fruity character with notes of strawberry and banana, and appreciate vanilla, cedar wood, leaf litter. On the palate it is enveloping and dense with powerful tannin. In aftertaste, fruit and acidity reminiscent of the wine come back.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Atún rojo con rebozuelos.
Ingredients: 4 tuna loins of 180 gr. each one approx., 1 onion, 200 gr. of clean young garlic, 500 gr. of chanterelles (or assorted mushrooms), salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil.
- Carefully clean the mushrooms, with a damp cloth or paper, without passing them through water.
- If they are frozen, leave them in the fridge, in a colander so that they release water for 24 hours or until they are defrosted.
- Dry with paper towels.
- Peel and cut the onion in julienne, and chop the young garlic.
- In a pan sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, sauté them over a high heat for 3 or 4 minutes and season with salt.
- Grill the tuna loins on the griddle, embers or frying pan and mark them on all sides.
- The center should be a little raw so that it does not dry, in just 3 minutes they will be ready.
- Season and serve the tuna loins with the sautéed chanterelles.