Winery: Bodegas Legaris.
Type of wood and time of passage: 3 months in American oak barrels.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Legaris Roble 2019:
Cherry color with bluish edges, good tear and agile in the glass.
Good aromatic intensity on the nose, with notes of ripe black fruit (plums, black currants), light toasted aromas and aromatic woods.
It also dominates the fruit, well wrapped in wood: noble tannins and something crispy, and a balanced acidity. Pleasant finish with notes of cigar box in retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Secreto ibérico caramelizado.
Ingredients: ½ kg. of Iberian secret, 200 ml. of orange juice, 80 gr. of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 2 sprigs of thyme, 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- We start with the reduction of orange: put in a pot the juice, vinegar and brown sugar, mix very well until the sugar is dissolved, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After this time, add the twigs of thyme, lower the heat and cook until a thick sauce is obtained and remove the thyme branches.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Seasoning the sides of the meat and seal in a hot pan with a little oil.
- Take the secret to a baking dish and with the help of a brush spread on all sides with orange reduction.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Watering with the reduction at least 3 times while baking, this will help the caramelization to be perfect.
Serve hot and enjoy!