Winery: Bodegas Arzuaga Navarro.
Type of wood and time of passage: 9 months in French oak barrels.
Tasting notes White Wine Fan D.Oro 2021:
Clean and bright, straw yellow with golden hues.
High aromatic intensity. Reminiscences of ores and white fruits, honey, figs and apple compote, combined with aromas of toasted bread and nuts. Complex and very fresh at the same time.
After a sharp attack due to the freshness that marks its excellent acidity, we find honeyed and unctuous sensations that provide some fleshiness. In retronasal a multitude of oral nuances stand out, giving way to smoky aromatic memories and a great fruity expression and enormous personality of the terroir.
Optimum service temperature: 8º-12º C.
A pairing: Rape con salsa de tomate.
Ingredients: 600 grams of sliced monkfish, 1 clove of garlic, 3 ripe tomatoes, 2 onions, 1 sprig of parsley, 100 milliliters of vegetable stock, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, black pepper, salt.
- Wash the tomatoes, make two cuts in the shape of a cross at the base and place them in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Drain the tomatoes, let them warm, peel and dice them.
- Peel the onions and garlic and chop finely.
- Wash the fish and dry it with kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the monkfish slices for 1 minute. Turn them over, cook them for 1 minute on the other side and remove them.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry it in the same oil as the monkfish for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish, cover with the broth and bring to the boil.
- Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes and remove.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, washed and chopped, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!