Winery: Bodegas Arzuaga Navarro.
Tasting note for Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve Brut:
Intense colour with golden glints and fine bubbles.
Aromas of flowers combined with light toast, citrus and honey.
Fruity, generous and long on the palate. Leaving a finish reminiscent of biscuits and toast.
Optimum service temperature: 6°-8° C.
A pairing: Carne fría en vinagreta.
Ingredients: 1 kg pork loin, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, oil, wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, three medium potatoes, onion.
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Season the meat with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil with the brown sugar until caramelised, sear the meat on all sides.
- Place the meat on a foil-lined tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices, boil in salted water until soft, and leave to cool.
- In a jar with a lid, place all the vinaigrette ingredients, cover and shake to emulsify.
- Cut the onion into julienne strips.
- Mix the vinaigrette with the onion.
- Place a layer of the vinaigrette and onions in a bowl and layer the potatoes and meat, adding a little of the vinaigrette as you layer.