Age: Gran Reserva.
Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Tasting note: Garnet red with a border that begins to turn pale, clean, with a glycerine tear. On the nose, intense aromas of ripe red berries appear (strawberries, currants, raspberries) wrapped in notes of licorice, vanilla, toffee and fine toasted. The entry into the mouth is sweet, as are the tannins. It is silky in the step, with a lively but balanced acidity and perfectly integrated wood. A classic that does not go out of style.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Solomillo de cerdo con ciruelas y nueces.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of pork sirloin, 2 onions, 8 cloves of garlic, ½ liter of beer, 1 bay leaf, 500 gr. of prunes, 250 gr. of walnuts, 1 glass of brandy, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces, season and cook them in a pan with 4 tablespoons of oil. Remove the meat and reserve it.
- Chop the onions, peel the garlic and leave whole.
- Put everything to cook in the same pot and add salt and pepper. When the vegetables are golden, add the meat and the bay leaf. Pour the beer.
- Stew for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Cover the plums with the brandy and peel the nuts.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan, add the nuts and sauté them.
- Add the marinated plums with the brandy and mix well.
- Add everything (nuts and plums) to the stew casserole and cook for 5 minutes. Decorate with a sprig of parsley.