Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres. It is the "organic bet" of this winery.
Tasting note for Marqués de Cáceres Ecológico Bio 2021:
Cherry color with violet flashes, very bright and with a glyceric tear. Deep ruby color with purple trim.
The nose is dominated by fresh forest fruit wrapped in floral notes (violets) and a balsamic background that gives it a lot of freshness.
The attack in mouth tasty, with good fruit weight in the step, crispy tannins and balanced acidity. End of good persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A pairing: Paletilla de cordero con setas.
Ingredients: One shoulder of lamb cut into slices, 1 carrot, 1 onion, an assortment of mushrooms (seasonal, canned or dehydrated), flour, black pepper, olive oil and a glass of white wine.
- Season the meat and add flour. Fry in a pan with the olive oil and set aside.
- Chop the onion and carrot, put it in a casserole with the olive oil and sauté it. When it is well cooked, add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Then, add a glass of water and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Grind to obtain a sauce and add the assortment of mushrooms: if they are fresh, you just have to clean them; if they are preserved, drain them well before; and if they are dehydrated, hydrate them before in water or white wine).
- Add the reserved pieces of lamb and let cook over medium heat for 30 more minutes.