Winery: Bodega La Granja de Nuestra Señora de Remelluri.
Tasting notes: The greater distance of the Sierra de Cantabria means different meteorological conditions: greater Mediterranean influence and lower temperature contrast. It is a garnet red wine with purple trim and marked tear. On the nose, aromas of ripe red fruits (strawberries, raspberries), roasted, toffee and scrub appear on a light mineral and balsamic background. The entrance in the mouth shows a certain astringency that later softens when oxygenated. A wine that has nerve, but at the same time is light and pleasant, with full tannins, very good acidity and long in the mouth.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Atún rojo con rebozuelos.
Ingredients: 4 tuna loins of 180 gr. each one approx., 1 onion, 200 gr. of clean young garlic, 500 gr. of chanterelles (or assorted mushrooms), salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil.
- Carefully clean the mushrooms, with a damp cloth or paper, without passing them through water.
- If they are frozen, leave them in the fridge, in a colander so that they release water for 24 hours or until they are defrosted.
- Dry with paper towels.
- Peel and cut the onion in julienne, and chop the young garlic.
- In a pan sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, sauté them over a high heat for 3 or 4 minutes and season with salt.
- Grill the tuna loins on the griddle, embers or frying pan and mark them on all sides.
- The center should be a little raw so that it does not dry, in just 3 minutes they will be ready.
- Season and serve the tuna loins with the sautéed chanterelles.