Winery: Bodegas Torre de Oña.
Tasting note: Ruby red with a medium layer with purple trim and good tear. On the nose, aromas of red fruits (currants, raspberries) and licorice sticks, wrapped in spicy notes (vanilla, licorice, toasted notes...) and balsamic aromas predominate. On the palate, it is friendly at the entrance; already very round, something sweet in the step, polished and of good and fresh acidity. Long finish with hints of toffee, dark chocolate and spices.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Tarta de pesto y mozzarella.
- For the pesto sauce: 20 leaves of fresh basil, 15 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 80 gr. of Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- For the cake: broken dough for salted tartalets, 4 tablespoons of Italian pesto sauce, 4 Italian green peppers, 12 cherry tomatoes, 2 mozzarella balls, 4 eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Start making the pesto: put all the ingredients in the glass of the blender, beat until a homogeneous and uniform paste forms and set aside.
- Take a removable cake mold and cover it with the dough that we have stretched with the rolling pin, prick with a fork all the bottom and put in the oven previously heated at 180° C. for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Put a pan on the fire with a little olive oil and fry the washed peppers and cut them into strips, and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and add the chopped mozzarella, the peppers, the sauce with the pesto and salt, mix well and pour into the base of the cake.
- Garnish with the tomatoes and put in the oven approximately 30 minutes, the filling should be set. Serve warm.