Winery: Bodegas Tábula.
Type of wood and time of passage: 12 months in French and American oak barrels.
Tasting notes: Intense cherry color with garnet rims, with a high layer and a stained and slow-moving. Aromas of red and black fruit (strawberries, ripe plums, blackberry liqueur), wrapped in notes of spices (clove, vanilla and pepper), cocoa, coffee and licorice on a very fresh balsamic background. Creamy and with volume in the passage by mouth, with firm tannins, very good acidity and an ending with memories of fruit liqueur and memories of Chinese ink. Long and of a lot of persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Vieiras con sabores del bosque y helado de AOVE.
Ingredients: 1 black truffle, two boletus, 8 scallops, 300 gr. of cream cheese, 200 ml. of liquid cream, 100 gr. of olive oil, 75 gr. of sugar, 1 lemon.
- We started making the ice cream of olive oil. Put in a saucepan over low heat 75 cl. of water and sugar until a soft syrup is made.
- In another bowl, mix the cheese with the cream and add the syrup. Mix, add the oil little by little. We put it in the freezer and move it from time to time so that crystals are not made.
- Remove the scallops from their shell and put them under water. Dry them with an absorbent paper and cut them very thin. Add a few drops of lemon and olive oil.
- Rinse the boletus and cut them into very thin slices. The same with the black truffle.
- Place the ice cream in the center of each dish and surround with the boletus, scallops and black truffle.
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil.