Winery: Bodegas Hacienda Señorío de Nevada
Tasting notes for White Wine Señorío de Nevada 2020:
Pale golden yellow color with greenish iridescence.
On the nose there are slight tropical notes of pineapple, stone fruit, thyme, rockrose and white flowers.
The palate is enveloping, with good fruit weight in the center of the mouth and excellent acidity. End slightly bitter, very pleasant and of great persistence.
This Viognier is covered by the mention of the Vino de la Tierra Laderas del Genil, since the D.O. Vinos de Calidad de Granada does not have that variety collected. The aging on lías has managed to counteract the possible greenery that a vineyard so young could give, since it was only 3 years old in this vintage. With cold pre-fermentation maceration for 3 hours to extract the maximum varietal character.
Optimum service temperature: 10° C.
A pairing: Risotto de langostinos.
Ingredients: 500 gr. of prawns, 5 cups of smoked seafood, 1 glass of white wine, 100 ml. of cream, 3 tablespoons of butter, 120 gr. of parmesan, 1 onion, parsley, salt and pepper, 1 packet of garlic paste, 1 cup of arboreal rice.
- Put a deep pot on medium heat and once hot, add a little olive oil and add finely chopped onion.
- Let sauté for a few minutes and add salt, black pepper and garlic paste. Stir fry for five more minutes.
- Add rice (arboreal rice is a special kind of rice to prepare risottos since its shape and consistency helps to get a creamier rice).
- Mix the rice very well with the onion and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the smoke and butter, stirring constantly so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook the rice for 18 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Apart, sauté the prawns in a very hot pan. Add fresh parsley, salt, black pepper and finely chopped garlic.
- Add white wine, cream and Parmesan cheese to the pot with the risotto. Mix the ingredients very well and add the sautéed prawns (cut them into thick slices and mix well).
- Leave some whole prawns to decorate the dishes, sprinkling also with chopped parsley.
Perfect with a glass of white wine Señorío de Nevada!