Winery: Compañía de vinos Telmo Rodríguez
Tasting notes for Red Wine LZ 2018:
Cherry red color.
On the nose, spicy background, with dairy memories, fruit aromas.
The palate is intense, clean, refreshing, with great strength in the mouth typical of a good young wine. With memories of red fruits and some bitter touches almost priceless but delicious to the palate.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Pollo al curry.
Ingredients: 2 boneless chicken breasts, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 piece of ginger (2 cm. aprox.), 1 medium onion, 1 large tomato, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, 1 spoonful of curry powder, 1/2 spoonful of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, cayenne pepper (optional), salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the chicken in medium cubes. Cut the onion and garlic also into small cubes. Grate the ginger and crush the tomato.
- In a deep pan, add a little extra virgin olive oil and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and tomato. Then add all the spices, curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir everything well for a couple of minutes and lower the game in half.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook until well sealed. Put 1/2 glass of water and mix. Let it cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Mix well and let cook 5 more minutes. If you want to soften the flavor you can put a little more coconut milk.
- Turn off the heat and let stand a couple of minutes.
When serving, put some fresh chopped cilantro leaves on top of your chicken curry.
Ideally, you should eat this chicken curry with fresh white rice. If it's basmati rice, the better.