Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Tasting note for Red Wine Excellens Cuvée Especial 2017: The long maceration (25 days) gives a very peculiar character to this wine, coming from vineyards of Cenicero with a temperate Atlantic climate.
It is ruby with picota border and good glyceric tear.
Aromas of red fruit in season (raspberries, currants), wrapped in spicy notes (vanilla, light cinnamon), red licorice and beautiful nuances of toasted wood predominate.
On the palate, mature tannins stand out that give it a solid structure. The acidity makes him alive and he predicts a lot of life ahead of him. Good fruit weight in the route and long persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Solomillo de otoño.
Ingredients: 2 pork tenderloins, 1 bottle of red wine (Excellens Cuvée Especial), 2 onions, 2 carrots, 6 cloves of garlic, 1 bay leaf, rosemary, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
For the garnish: 2 turnips, 200 gr. pumpkin, 1 large sweet potato, 100 gr. of peeled chestnuts, 4 small onions, salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons of AOVE, thyme, 300 ml. of bird broth.
- Wash, peel and chop the vegetables.
- Place the two sirloins in a deep dish, cover the meat with the wine, the olive oil, the vegetables, the laurel and the rosemary.
- Leave to marinate in refrigerator 24 hours. Drain and dry the sirloin, salt and pepper, paint with oil.
- Mark in a pan or casserole, bake 10 minutes at 160° C., remove from the oven and let stand.
- For the garnish, wash, peel and chop the vegetables.
- Sauté in the container where we have marked the sirloins with a little oil.
- Salt and pepper, add the thyme, wet with the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Allow to reduce over medium heat.
- File the pork tenderloin and serve it with the garnish.