Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Type of wood and time of passage: 20 months in French oak barrels (1/3 new each year).
Tasting notes for Red Wine Marqués de Cáceres Reserva 2015:
Cherry colour with ruby border, medium-high layer.
Presents aromas of red and black fruits (currants, raspberries, blueberries) wrapped in notes of cocoa, aromatic woods (cedar) and sweet spices (vanilla, nutmeg, cardamom).
It is elegant, pleasant, with the wood completely integrated in the wine, pleasant dairy products that give it volume and silkiness. Round and long, with memories of fine hides and spices in retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Lechazo al horno con patatas panaderas.
Ingredients: 1 leg and a shoulder of lamb, lard, water, vinegar, a sprig of rosemary, 4 potatoes and an onion.
- Preheat the oven to 150° C.
- Season the lamb with a little salt and then varnish it with a little lard.
- Place the lamb in a baking dish in which we put a glass of water and a tablespoon of vinegar. Bake for about 1 and a half hours, turning it around every 20 minutes so that it cooks evenly.
- When there are 40 minutes left, we prepare the baked potatoes.
- To do this, cut the onion in thin julienne and sauté it in a frying pan without letting it take color, until they are transparent.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick slices, about 1/2 cm.
- In another baking dish, mix the potatoes with the poached onions and season.
- Put the dish in the oven next to the lamb allowing it to bake while the lamb finishes roasting.
- Top the lamb by raising the temperature to get a golden and crunchy finish.
Serves with a glass of Marqués de Cáceres Reserva. To enjoy!