Winery: Bodegas Aradón
Type of wood and time of passage: 14 months of French and American oak barrels.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Aradón Crianza 2016:
Cherry red color with garnet edging medium-high layer.
We find marked aromas of black fruit (plums, blueberries) along with notes of sweet spices (vanilla, nutmeg), roasted and good wood on a balsamic background that gives it a lot of freshness.
The entry is delicate and becomes more resounding in the step, with friendly tannins and good acidity. Retronasal with memories of shady forest.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Jamón braseado.
Ingredients: 1 onion, several peaches, 6 plums, 1 piece of pineapple, 400 cl. of beer, 1 cooked ham of about 6 kg., black pepper, some sprigs of parsley, 100 gr. of brown sugar, ½ glass of honey, 1 spoonful of curry and cloves.
- Cut the onion into thin slices, grease a baking dish, place the ham and cover with the slices of onion, parsley, pepper, prick the clove and sprinkle with sugar.
- Then, water with the beer and put the rest in the bottom of the source, put in the oven under a temperature of 100° C., for 3 hours.
- After half an hour, cover with the aluminum foil, after watering it with its juice every half hour while the cooking lasts.
- When done, drain the juice and prepare the glaze: mix this juice with sugar and honey.
- Clean the ham of the onion and paint with the icing; put again in the oven, raising the temperature a little to 150° C. to gratin for half an hour, painting with the glaze every ten minutes.
- In parallel, prepare the garnish, mixing the butter with curry and sugar and covering the fruit with the mixture.
- Then put them in the oven until they get a nice golden color.
Its taste will surprise!